Saturday, November 3, 2007

Prayers for my Sean...

Yesterday Sean was injured at work. He has a relatively minor spinal injury and is still enjoying the hospitality and room service of Aurora Hospital. As of now he has to wear a lovely spinal collar and is in a tremendous amount of pain. We expect him to come home tonight but life is going to be very different around here for a while. We are thanking and praising God that the injury was not even slightly worse as they expect that he will fully recover. Another lb. of force could have put him in a wheelchair for life instead of inconveniencing us for a few weeks.

To all my praying Christian friends, we covet your prayers. Sean will not be able to work. Pray that somehow we find creative ways to make ends meet and see God's provision. Also pray for me as I care for him as well as my children and that he makes a supernaturally fast recovery. Next week when we meet with the neurologist I want to be a witness to the healing power of Jesus Christ, that we might say "Look what the Lord has done". I believe in miracles, and I believe that not only will be be able to take off his spinal collar in a week but that the scans will show no damage, no swelling. That Sean will have full use of his arms and hands and without pain.

I wanted to post a lovely picture of him in C-spine showing his forehead stitched from nose to hairline... but I took the picture with my phone and I have no idea how to get it from there to here!

6 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

From your phone email the picture to yourself. Then you can save it to your computer and post it to the blog.

Jenee said...

I cannot figure out how to email a picture. It says I can send to messages or bluetooth... maybe I am looking in the wrong spot?

Bekah said...

Jenee,
I'm so sorry about the injury, but praising with you that it isn't worse! Prayers for a speedy, miraculous recovery.

Lisa said...

Jenee - I'm so sorry about Sean's injury, but thankful and praying with you that he'll make a speedy and full recovery.

Anonymous said...

How awful. I will pray!!!!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Merry Christmas to all of you from all of us!