Wednesday, June 6, 2007

First Agency meeting...

Tonight we met the social worker who will be doing our homestudy and went over the details of what will happen now. To be honest, I went in feeling great and came out a little scared. Some is just the money, and I know that once we get through the homestudy we can apply for grants, etc. I have talked to other families, who, like us simply did not have this huge amount of money available to them! Still , she was so casual about saying things like "It probably will not be this much, but you should put aside $16,000-20,000 just in case" We are still working on putting together the $2000 for the homestudy! For us each step, each time there is $500 for this or $650 for that, we are going to be depending on God to provide it. Can we do this? Some have already expressed to us that they cannot understand why we are adopting again when we already have "more than enough" children. Will the agency see the same thing? If those of you who provided our letters of reference are reading this...oh, I THANK you. I needed to hear someone say they understood and thought we had room in our hearts and homes for another child. This is going to be even more emotional than I thought... My Christian friends, I covet your prayers. We have taken the first step and committed ourselves. I just need to find my footing a bit so I do not drown in this shallow water!

1 comment:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Thank the Lord He owns a cattle on a thousand hills!!!