Friday, June 29, 2007

The Most Amazing Post....Ever!

I am overwhelmed with joy and thanksgiving as I write this.

This morning I received a call from the director of the orphanage. It seems that the family who was adopting Sophia read my blog, and after much prayer feel that she is really our child! They contacted the director and we now have the opportunity to adopt her!

This is the single most Christ like thing anyone has ever done for me. My gratitude is inexplicable. They have given up a child who would be theirs, a child who they have spent time with and prepared to welcome into their family because they really believe that is was God's plan for her to belong to us. What an incredible gift they have given us.

It is my understanding that this family did not have peace about adopting Sophia, and wondered why it was difficult to bond with her. I am blown away by the way God has worked in this situation, it is completely beyond anything I have personally experienced.

So, it is with great excitement that we announce:

We have a daughter in Haiti,
and her name is Sophia Luc!

5 comments:

Serena Abdelaziz said...

In the midst of tears and GREAT emotion..........CONGRATULATIONS! I cannot even explain in my own words how happy I am for you. God is SO wonderful. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey.

Serena

Lady Dorothy said...

Okay, I got to cheat a little. Five minutes after you called Daja, I walked in. I was so overjoyed when she told me, I wasn't sure what to do. So, I called you. It just rang and rang. I don't even know what I was going to say to you, except to shout for joy!

Just a few days ago, I told Daja I just didn't know what to make of your story. I knew somehow the story was not over. And that we just had to pray and believe for you. Of course, the "birth of a vision, death of a vision, rebirth of a vision" teaching would come to mind. And now has come to fruition. I am so thrilled!

God bless Sean for not accepting an Ishmael!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!

I didn't know her middle name was Luc! Did you give her that or was that already her name? Unusual for a girl! I like it!

Sarah said...

Congratulations O'Carroll's!

God is constantly amazing me.

My heart goes out to those who thought Sophia was coming home with them. It couldn't have been easy - thankfully the same God that put your family together will put theirs together as well!

Bless all of you!

Bekah said...

So this is the SIGN for your unbelieving family. What could be bigger?! To know this is your child, to lose her, to find her....hmmm sort of resembles some other stories I know.