Sunday, June 17, 2007

We love you too!

At risk of sounding bi-polar... I am feeling so positive about everything adoption today! After my last post we got emails from all over the US and three other countries telling us that people support us and are praying for us! What an amazing feeling!

I also got quite a few wonderful ideas from other adoptive families about fundraising. Some of my favorites are:

1. A community event rummage sale - We will put up fliers all over De Pere and Allouez advertising the sale and asking for stuff to be donated. On the actual day of the sale (a Thursday night?) we will also serve hot dogs and drinks for free and play music etc. It might actually work!

2. Ebay Fundraiser - I have already sold most everything ebay worthy in my house. However, I am pretty good at ebay selling and previously funded a missions trip to Mongolia almost entirely by selling random junk from around my house. So, now I am looking for random junk from your house! If you have stuff that is possibly ebay sale-able and would consider donating it to our adoption efforts we will sell it for you! (We would be willing to do it for a listing fee and give you the profit as well) If you do not live in my local area you would have to get me the item or be responsible for shipping it to the buyer. If you live close I may be able to pick things up.

3. We will hand out change jars (baby bottles??? I have issues with baby bottles :) to any local business that will put them out for us.

4. Haiti items - My girls can help me make crosses, bookmarks with their new sister's picture, beaded bracelets, etc in the flag colors of Haiti and give them away for donations at various places.

It is beginning to sound like a lot of work :) But honestly, I don't mind work when it has such wonderful rewards!

We love you... thanks for keeping up and reading my blog! I hope our next post will bring good news....

No comments: