Wednesday, October 10, 2007

They really do come home!

While I have heard names and seen pictures of international adoptive families bringing their kids home...Just this Sunday I saw it in real life! A couple from our church, Rome and Marie finally brought home their beautiful daughter Kianna from the Philippines. They waited two long years but finally brought her home. She looks healthy and adorable and is the picture of hope for all of us who are still waiting!

It was such a great encouragement to me, I know Marie was worried that the baby they had set out to adopt would be all grown up already. She had outgrown all the sets of baby clothes they had purchased and it seemed silly to look at a crib and nursery, yet when I saw her...at 2 she is still a baby. To think that there are children like her who do not have parents...babies, growing up without anyone to call mommy or daddy. The wait IS long, and the finances ARE difficult, but these kids need families! My sacrifice is nothing compared to the life of an orphan.

Congratulations Rome and Marie!

No comments: