Monday, July 2, 2007

About Sophia:

I wish I knew everything. I wish I could tell you what it is like to hold her when she cries, her favorite color, I want to know the smell of her hair, and the sound of her voice. It will be a long time before I know so many of those things. With 4 children at home I cannot travel on a moments notice, and Sean will use all of his vacation time taking his youth group on a missions trip to Mexico next month (Had we known, they could have gone to Haiti!)

I am extremely excited to be expecting a CD of pictures and perhaps even a video very soon. While pictures are a poor substitute for meeting her in person, I will be so thankful to have them!

So, here is what we do know. Sophia shares a birthday with Joe, She is 4 years old now and while we can hope... it is most likely she will be well into her 5th year before she comes home. Her mother died of an illness when Sophia was very young, her father was killed by a gunshot more recently. She does have a Grandmother who loves her, however at 53 she is already very old for a Haitian woman and can not provide food or shelter for herself, much less a child. Honestly, it makes me wish I could bring them both here!

I have been told that Sophia has a lot of energy and is very sweet. I wish I knew more!






1 comment:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Everytime I read your blog I end up with chills or tears.